The Tech Desk is a service desk that allows patrons to check out digital equipment and accessories for personal use.
For information on how to use the public printers (black and white or color) and where they are located, see Printing in Belk Library on the main library website.
The Tech Desk is located on the lower level of Belk Library and Information Commons.
Call the Tech Desk at: 828-262-2735
Karl Moretz, Tech Desk Manager
Equipment Available for Checkout
- Laptops (Mac and PC)
- Tablets (iPad, Kindle Fire, and Galaxy Three)
- Digital cameras + Camcorders
- Programming tools (Arduino + Raspberry Pi)
- Audio recorders (Zoom H2 + H2n)
- And more
See the full list and availability of these items using APPsearch (search on “asu digital”). Also, stop by the Tech Desk and try your hand at using our Touch Screen Kiosk for a visual and interactive experience.
Check-Out Policies and Procedures
- No reserves: We do not reserve equipment.
- Returns: Equipment must be returned to the Tech Desk during open hours.
- Renewals: No online renewals. Equipment must be returned to the Tech Desk for renewal.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for lost equipment and peripherals.
Loan Periods for Digital Equipment
|Digital Equipment||Loan Period|
|Calculator TI-84 Plus||3 days|
|LCD Projector||1 week|
|Bamboo Digitizing Pad||3 days|
|Arduino Kit||1 week|
|Samsung Galaxy Three||2 weeks|
|Kindle Fire||2 weeks|
|Raspberry Pi Kit||1 week|
|Lacie Hard Drive||3 days|
|Audio Recorder Zoom H2||3 days|
|Audio Recorder Zoom H2n||3 days|
|Camcorder Canon Vixia||3 days|
|Camcorder GoPro Hero 3+||3 days|
|Camcorder GoPro Chesty||3 days|
|Camcorder GoPro Headstrap||3 days|
|Camcorder Kodak Play Sport||3 days|
|Camcorder Sony Bloggie Sport||3 days|
|Camcorder Sony HDR-MV1||3 days|
|Camcorder Zoom Q3HD||3 days|
|Camera Canon Powershot||3 days|
|Camera Nikon CoolPix L810||3 days|
|Camera Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS7 and FS42||3 days|
|Camera Tripod Sony||3 days|
|Camera Tripod Sony Mini||3 days|